Warriors: Legends of Troy is gonna come out in few weeks time. For the official site progress, I’m doing it so expect for more new characters and information. Today, I’m gonna share the Battle Controls here. Been playing this for months, from the expo demo and the updated version, must say I’m actually impressed with its atmosphere, great background design (it’s not dull), it’s quite different than Dynasty Warriors series because you don’t have impossible costumes to wear on the battlefield with crazy weapon and fancy finishing moves, this one is more realistic and gory. I personally like the boss battle and also being able to pick up the weapon straight from the battlefield and throw it to the opponent.
I also suggest you to visit @Lead_wotawaster‘s blog with his Warriors: Legends of Troy posts HERE as it’s very informative. Now let’s go straight to the Battle Controls explanation with PlayStation 3 controls as a reference.
QUICK ATTACK (Square button)
- A quick attack that’s useful to strike a large group and weaker enemies.
- You can press Square button repeatedly for a Quick Combo and execute different combos by pressing Triangle or (X) button.
FOCUSED ATTACK (Triangle button)
- A powerful thrust that can pierce a single enemy’s defenses.
- You can press the Triangle button repeatedly to perform other attacks for combos.
STUN ATTACK ((X) button)
- A Stun Attack is a quick kick or shield strike that does no damage to an enemy, but will knock them back away from your character or stun them briefly – I normally press (X) to break the enemy officer’s shield then Triangle to finish him off.
FINISHER (Triangle button)
- If the situation is right, you may be able to eliminate enemies with a dramatic finisher attack.
- Catch a critically injured enemy off guard, stunned or on the ground and the Triangle button icon may appear above them, indicating that the enemy can be taken out with style.
LOCK-ON (Hold L1 button)
- Hold down the L1 button to lock on to one nearby enemy, making it easier to attack or throw weapons.
- Your character will turn to face the locked-on enemy, even when they are moving.
FURY ((O) button)
- The Fury Gauge will fill up as you attack enemies. Once it’s filled, press the (O) button to enter the Fury. This will stun nearby enemies for a moment, slowing time and making your character’s attacks much more powerful.
- Once in Fury, the Fury Gauge will deplete until it is empty, at which point Fury will end and the character will return to normal strength.
ROLL (R2 button)
- Tap the R2 button to perform a quick roll, dodging enemy attacks.
BLOCK / PARRY (R1 button)
- Hold the R1 button to block an enemy’s attack.
- Tap the R1 button just before being attacked, you will parry and stun the enemy for a moment. If the timing of hitting the R1 button is perfect (Perfect Parry), you will perform a powerful counter-attack.
PICK-UP / DROP (L2 button)
- When you go near to a dropped weapon, you can press the L2 button to pick it up.
- While carrying an enemy’s weapon, you can press the Square button to perform a Quick Attack.
- While carrying an enemy’s weapon, you can press the Triangle button to throw it.
- You can press the L2 button again to drop it.
- You can also lock on to an enemy before throwing a weapon to increase your accuracy.
That’s it for now. You can check out the latest screens of Warriors: Legends of Troy (like the boss battle against Griffin and Cyclops above) by clicking HERE. The official website is www.troy-game.com – any question, feel free to ask.