In Dynasty Warriors 7, you are able to equip two weapons at a time, you can equip it and use it anytime you want in the battlefield. Each weapon has its special features, and any officer can use any weapon. When you obtain a weapon (by defeating the officers in the battlefield or purchase it from the shops in the city), other officers will be able to use it as well. Here comes the brief explanation about the compatibility and the seals equipped to the available slots in your weapon.
- This shows how capable your officer will be with each type of weapon. There are weapons that require [Power] and those that require [Speed]. Depending on the power or speed of your officer, the Compatibility will change. You can increase your officer’s power or speed through the use of Skills (to be explained later). There are total of 3 stages.
★ (Poor) – You’re not able to use the weapon effectively.
★★ (Good) – You’re able to use the weapon freely and the attack speed increases slightly.
★★★ (Excellent) – You have mastered the weapon and you may be able to perform special maneuvers.
- This is nothing to do with the weapon itself but your officer, you get Skill Points from the battlefield and you can use it to learn new skills, for example, to increase your attack strings, to increase the amount of your Musou bar/unit, learn the Alternate Musou Attack and more. (You share the Skill Points you earned in general but you use the Skill Points to learn new skills on your character separately.)
- Each weapon offers a different seal for you to obtain. Once obtained, a seal can be equipped to power up your weapons and give your character various abilities. Each time you defeat an enemy, your equipped weapon’s Seal Gauge will fill. Once the gauge is full, the seal will be available for you to equip. The seals include [Musou +1], [Max Health Up] (+ to +++), [Attack Up], [Defense Up] and more. (Seals are only attached to your weapons, not on yourself. If your weapon A has [Attack +++] attached, that means when you use that weapon, your attack will be increased automatically by equipping it.)
** EX ATTACK
- Nothing to do with the weapon itself but it shows a little bit of “uniqueness” of your character. These are attacks that you can perform by equipping a weapon that your officer is proficient with (denoted by an “EX” mark). The controls will vary depending on the officer. You can confirm them by checking the menu. More info, please click HERE.
- When you switch from Weapon #1 to #2 (or #2 to #1), you will be able to perform some stylish attack, for example, if you switch a spear to another weapon, you would be able to grab the enemy and if you succeeded, it’s possible for you to show off this swinging “helicopter attack” as I previously mentioned.
Check out this gameplay video to have a better understanding about how you switch the weapon from one to another.
- Each character has their own Musou and Alternate Musou attack with their own weapon, no matter what other weapons you’re using.
- Each character has their own EX attack based on their category, they can’t perform the EX attack with other weapon types.