This is probably the last blog article regarding Warriors Orochi 3 gameplay explanations. I believe all Warriors fans already know so this article will be mainly focusing on the new audience or to those who are still quite new to the Warriors Orochi franchise as you might miss out some of the attacks that you might not know before! So today, I’m going to talk about the various “attacks” you can have in Warriors Orochi 3. I’ll skip the explanation of Normal Attack, Dash Attack, Charge Attack and Jump Charge Attack because you will know it when you have the game. I’ll explain this in the reference of PS3 controller.
- If you are attacked by the enemy while blocking by holding down L1 button, and press Square just as you block the enemy’s attack, you can knock the enemy back with a Counterattack. If the bonds between the officer you are controlling and his/her teammates are at their maximum level, the inactive officers may follow-up your attacks with one of their own.
- You might know this from Dynasty Warriors 7. For officers that have EX Attacks, you can follow up specific Charge Attacks with an EX Attack, thereby executing an additional special attack. The contents of the attack will differ by officer. You can confirm whether or not your offi cer has an EX Attack as well as the controls for it by checking Move Test under the Team Info menu.
- If you press Circle button while your Musou Gauge is full, you will perform an extremely powerful special attack and will be invincible while performing it. Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors characters have their own unique versions of the Musou Attack.
- A Dynasty Warriors character’s Musou Attack will consume a set amount of the Musou Gauge, while a Samurai Warriors character’s Musou Attack will consume the entire gauge.
- You can refill your Musou Gauge by holding down Circle button, picking up Wine or Hua Tuo’s Ointment, or by switching the officer to inactive status.
True Musou Attack
- If you perform a Musou Attack when your Health Gauge is low and colored red, you will perform an even more powerful attack than normal. Additionally, a Fire attribute will be added to your attack.
Multi Musou Attack
- If you are playing with two players and there is an electrical charge linking both players and you both perform a Musou Attack at roughly the same time, then you will perform an even more powerful attack than normal. Additionally, a Fire elemental will be added to your attack.
- You can also perform the attack with allied NPC officers when the bonds between your player character and the NPC are at maximum.
*Differences between the Musou Attacks for Dynasty and Samurai Warriors
- Dynasty Warriors: By pressing Circle button, you will perform a powerful attack. You are unable to perform any other actions until the move is finished.
- Samurai Warriors: By pressing and holding down Circle button, you will perform a powerful attack. If you release the button, then you will be free to perform other actions.
- You can press R1 button to perform a special maneuver unique to your offi cer’s attack category. You can also use the move while being attacked by the enemy. It will consume a portion of the Musou Gauge.
- There are four attack categories: Power, Speed, Technique and Wonder.
- If you switch characters with L2 or R2 button immediately after landing an attack, you can follow up with another attack from one of your support characters. This attack will use a portion of the Musou Gauge (Switch Combo).
- When you have a support character with a full Musou Gauge, you can press L2 or R2 button while being attacked and your support character will appear and knock back the surrounding enemies. This attack will use a portion of the Musou Gauge. If the bonds between the officer you are controlling and your support characters
are high, then they may sometimes automatically come to your assistance. If so, it will not consume the Musou Gauge.
True Triple Attack
- If you press L2 and R2 buttons at the same time when your True Triple Attack Gauge is full, you will enter True Triple Attack Mode. You can fill the True Triple Attack Gauge by attacking enemies. If you use Switch Combos or Support Attacks, then the gauge will fill even faster.
- Once you are in True Triple Attack Mode, your supporting characters will come to join your playable character and will attack any enemies in the area. You will remain in True Triple Attack Mode until the True Triple Attack Gauge is empty.
- When your True Triple Attack Gauge runs out, your three team members will perform a finishing move. All of the enemies that you touched while in True Triple Attack Mode will be attacked with a powerful finishing attack.
- Enemies defeated by a True Triple Attack will leave gems. You will automatically pick up the gems that are dropped. Sometimes, you may also obtain rare crystals.
*Skills & Attributes
During battle, you can obtain various benefits from an offi cer’s Skill and attributes affixed to their weapon.
- Officer Skills: Each officer has their own unique Skill. The effects of the Skill will apply to all of the members of your team. During battle, you can receive the effects of all the Skills your team possesses. You can confirm the details of each Skill by going to the Team Info section of the Pause Menu.
- Weapon Attributes: If you equip a weapon that has an attribute, then you will be able to have that attribute added to attacks such as certain Charge Attacks. By going to the Weapons Dealer within the Camp, and selecting Weapon Fusion, you can add new or strengthen existing attributes on your weapon.