It’s my 2nd day working at TECMO KOEI in 2011 after a long break, been eating so much during Christmas, New Year, been to Switzerland, and now back to work. My first project of 2011 would be the official site of WARRIORS: LEGENDS OF TROY for both Europe and North America territories – Yes I’m the chosen one! I’ve spent around 15 hours on it, it’s only reaching 15% as total progression so far (an hour is a percent.) I expect it to be done by the end of this week (with some of the pre-launched sections) and hope to get the approval and the launch next week for Europe with English version first and the rest on the week after.
I had experienced many difficulties, well it’s always very hard at the beginning but when the concept is done, everything would be easier. This time around, I’ve applied the game user-interface into the web to match it with the game itself, so the site theme would have the rich golden feel in it.
Things I’ve applied: (concept not yet approved)
– Golden and maroon theme.
– Match the site as close as in the game as possible.
– Two of my favourite music tracks have been chosen.
– SFX available.
– Applying “smoothing” in flash.
Things I’d like to applied: (some might not get implemented)
– Have character voices in the site.
– Hope to have some special unlocking system within the site.
– Hope to have mobile / touch-screen version (e.g.: m.troy-game.com)
– Associate it fully with social networking sites (e.g.: listing hash-tag from Twitter)
Due my limited knowledge, I still can’t manage to perform well at this stage (I’ve noticed) – but those are definitely the things I’d like to improve from now on as I know my design is still stiff. I hope to get the site done and hope to have more concentration and time to actually work on this. Fingers crossed!