If you’re familiar with the control of any Warriors series games, you know Square is the button you have to press a lot and Circle (O) button is always the Musou attack. Thanks to the Renbu system which is finally gone, so you get to press Triangle more often than what you’ve done in the past Dynasty Warriors 6. The battle control for Dynasty Warriors 7 is pretty much the same but with some slight changes. I’ll tell you how every button works – remember I’m referring to the PlayStation 3 control here.
– Normal attack, which you press it quite a lot – Square, Square, Square for example.
– You can also use it while jumping (in the air) or running.
– However, you can’t use it while you’re in the water. You can only swim in the water.
– Strong attack that can follow the Normal attack for more powerful attack – Square, Square, Triangle for example.
– EX attack, different character has different EX attack command: TT, STT, SSTT, SSSSSTT.
– You can also use it while you’re riding horse, horse will jump.
– However, you can’t use it while jumping (in the air) with your own, so press Square button instead.
Circle (O) button
– Musou attack when you have 1 or more Musou gauge full. It’s the Special attack for each officer.
– You can’t charge your Musou gauge.
R1 + Circle (O) button
– To excute the Alternate Musou Attack on the ground, some characters’ Secondary Musou Attack is in the air (not on the ground) – to excute that, press (X) to jump and (O) while mid-air instead.
– Jump, the longer you hold the (X) button, the longer you hold it, the higher you’ll jump.
– Mount / dismount horse, ladder climbing, utilize the siege weapons (you have to stand near them until the button command appears.)
– Guard, block attacks from the enemies.
– Somersault, regain control when knocked into the air by an enemy attack.
– Call horse, and you will hear a sound of a whistle.
– Switch weapon. I normally use this in the middle of the attack, especially you switch it from a spear to another weapon, you will be able to jump your opponent’s head and perform this (00:52-00:55). Each weapon has its own stylish attack while switching.
– Toggle map.
Left stick / directional buttons
– Move while you’re on the ground, swim while you’re in the water.
– Rotate camera.
– Display the battlefield map and officer’s location.
– Pause and display the menu, like you can view your weapon info and even change it anytime you want.
Select + Start button
– Return to the main menu.
Shaking your controller
– Nothing will happen.
The game itself is gets better and better especially when your weapon and skills have been leveled up (you gain skill points to level it up yourself by learning it, based by the compatibility, also equipping the right attributes to the slot) – I might talk about this when the time comes. Check out the latest fucking amazing trailer featuring Wei kingdom here.
On the side note, please enjoy these epic battle themes for both Jin and Wei kingdoms. I was listening to them while I was writing this.
For more information about Dynasty Warriors 7, please visit: www.dynastywarriors7.eu