This week on MCV. We, Community Managers have discussed our Top 3 tips to run our Social Media to build up the community. My Top 3 tips are:
(1) Identify Specifically from Each Social Media
– To accomplish our goals, we have to find out which channel is the best for each outreach. For example, when we were at (or have attended to) the convention, we used Twitter for instant updates from the event (live), Facebook to upload and share a batch of the pictures we have taken, created a video (vlog) on YouTube for the post-event updates, and then, back to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, blog, etc to share the link to complete the cycle. So, it is important to know the functions of each social network, plan a strategy and generate a solid impact to the audience.
(2) Engage More Than Broadcast
– There are millions of social networking sites on the Internet, but a lot of them are broadcasting more than engaging to their audience. A good practice of using the social network (such as active listening and communication with the same vision and key message) is important because if you keep your community engaged, they will always remember you. This engagement is the strength to not only expand the number of growth in community, also give you a higher possibility to convert them into sales in business.
(3) Mobile Friendly
– There are over a billion smartphone users which means the mobile user experience has become really important. We have to make sure the social media service we use is mobile friendly. This also includes the links (URLs) of the sites, we have to consider and make sure the content we shared is visible by the mobile users, not turned out to be a broken link.