Here comes the time when people asked me on Twitter what are the new features in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (for the PS3 and Xbox 360). A lot of people asked why isn’t this a DLC but a new game and the reason is because the system itself has been changed and updated so much which made it not possible. DOA5 Ultimate will have the Free To Play version which we named it DOA5U: Core Fighters (more info) – This will be available on PlayStation Store at the same date as the release date, which is September 6, 2013 across Europe. Now, let’s talk about DOA5U here. There are a lot of new features which I’ll list them here one by one.
New Characters, New Stages
‣ Momiji and Rachel (from Ninja Gaiden series) have been added to the roaster list. Ein and Leon (from the previous DOA series) made a return. Jacky Bryant (from Virtual Fighter series) has also been added. 5 new stages include: Sky City Tokyo, Lost World, Forest, Aircraft Carrier and Desert Wasteland have been added. There aren’t many danger zones in those stages though!
New Costumes, New Styles, New Animations
‣ A lot of new costumes have been added to each character. You can transfer over the costumes you purchased in DOA5 which means all the costumes you purchased in Dead or Alive 5 can be used in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate. You can also now choose between the new hairstyles, glasses and other details (like *cough*underwear*cough*) which adds a fresh new style to the fight. There are also new entrance and victory animations added for many characters too!
New Modes, New Moves
‣ Now you can fight against other players with a team up to 7 characters in Team Fight mode. A new move called Power Launcher can be used under the same circumstances as a Power Blow which launches opponents high into the air. Tutorial Mode has been upgraded with new lessons and missions, as well as Combo Challenge Mode, Move Details Info, Command Training Mode, they all have been updated.
New Titles, New Movie Scenes
‣ Now you have over 800 titles to choose from for each character. There is a new feature called Movies, where you can watch the entrance, victory and losing animations for each character – you can select costume, hairstyle, level of sweat and more.. as you want! *fap fap fap*
New Items, New Music
‣ In Survival Mode, the Items will drop when you do a Ground Attack or beat an opponent. There are 9 kinds of items in total, each with its own special effect, such as restoring health, getting extra points, etc. Now, you can also choose your music to set the tone for each fight. New tracks have been added for all new characters. The classic DOA2 and DOA3 character tracks have been brought back as well.