Yaiba will be playable at Gamescom this week! Heading to Germany tomorrow. I’m quite happy to be able to see Keiji Inafune and Team Ninja again.
Here is the Control Sheet for the German #TKfamily to get ready for some crazy slashing on the show floor (Yaiba stand will be located at Koch Media booth).
Here are some details of Yaiba from the previous press release.
In YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z, players will battle fierce zombies as YAIBA, a cyborg ninja who will do anything to get revenge and stay alive. Cleaved in two, he is brought back to life with cyber-technology. Brandishing his ninja sword and the mecha weapons in his cyborg arm, he slaughters zombies with brutal, over-the-top abandon.
Step into a stylized living comic book where stunning graphics depict a world gone mad. Hordes of undead can only be stopped by YAIBA’s willingness to use any means necessary to get the job done. Will he kill by turning his cyborg arm into a razor chainsaw for slicing up undead—or just rip off an opponent’s arms to use as zombie nunchucks? Both possibilities fill YAIBA’s heart with twisted laughter—and the desire to kill more and more zombies!
YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z comes from the two teams behind the most famous ninja and zombie videogame creations as Team NINJA and legendary producer Keiji Inafune team up to create a new experience. The world of the ninja meets undead warriors, cybernetic weapons, comic books, in an entirely new game that draws from the NINJA GAIDEN franchise with a host of bold, new features including an original storyline and style of gameplay.
Always intense, never boring, YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z is violent, creative, and daringly different. Sharpen your sword, fire up your cyborg arm, and prepare to GET SOME!
- NEW IP FROM THE TWISTED MINDS OF TWO OF THE BEST DEVELOPERS:For the first time EVER Team NINJA and comcept collaborate on a new IP.
- ZOMBIES x NINJAS = YAIBA: Over the top, non-stop ACTION—relentless VIOLENCE is only interrupted by utter CHAOS!
- TRANSFORMING CYBORG ARM: From razor chainsaw to rocket punch, this unique appendage gives new meaning to the phrase “WELL ARMED!”
- TWISTED ZOMBIES: Not only undead humans, but ungodlyamalgamations of dead flesh that will blow your mind as you BLOW THEM AWAY!
- LIVING COMIC BOOK: Spectacular, heavily stylized graphics transport players into their own GRAPHIC ADVENTURE.
- WEAPONIZE THE UNDEAD: Killing gets imaginative. Tear off a pair of zombie arms to turn into ZOMBIE NUNCHUCKS! Or grab a zombie with your mecha arm and flail it around on a chain for wide swaths of destruction!
- RAGE MODE: Build Rage with every zombie killed to unleash adrenaline-filled UBER-VIOLENCE on the undead.
- MOTION COMIC FLASHBACKS: Learn the tale of YAIBA’s mysterious past through movies rendered inthe style of sumi-e Japanese ink paintings.
- ACCESSIBLE YET CHALLENGING: A host of unique features that cater to the current generation of gamers – intense battles for COREgamers and breathtaking beauty for BROADplayers.
As for Gamescom, we have some new information coming, so stay tuned!