It’s not about more DLC info or Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends here today (that would be in the next article as I’ve got pretty much everything confirmed) so give me few more weeks. I’d like to share my thoughts about TKE Insider project that has been launched a year ago. Thank you for over 50K views with just few videos I’ve made. I started this project with the vision not showing you the exclusive trailer or pretty gameplay of video games, but more to the merchandise and the activities we’ve done with our audience “closer to the life”, so by hitting over 50K views with just my face with our audience and merchandise, it’s an achievement.
I’ve made a quick little video just want to tell you that do not be afraid to showcase your work to the Internet. We know there’s always people criticizing about your work, just take it and improve it to the best you can because this is how you learn things. I think it’s always important to show your work to the public these days so you know if it’s on the right track, its acceptance level, its strength and weakness, then think of the way to improve it.
So here, let’s start with the mini story board of TKE Insider series.
Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage Goodies
(16,970 views ongoing from April 2010)
– This is how the project started because I would love people to see the alarm clock mainly as to see it move and to hear it is better than just an image. As you can see, this was my very first time putting my face to the public so a little bit uneasy there.
Dead or Alive Paradise Goodies
(6,477 views ongoing from April 2010)
– Many people are confused about this video of why the camera man was beaten. This was all happened on Facebook so it might be a bit confusing when it’s on YouTube. This is actually a retake and I actually did this Dead or Alive Paradise Goodies along with the first Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage Goodies one, but the camera man didn’t focus on each product but just zooming on Kasumi’s tits so in the end, the video didn’t show all the goodies but the tits in the zoom.
Samurai Warriors 3 Goodies
(3,196 views ongoing from April 2010)
– As you can see April was a busy month, you got very motivated every time when you started a new project, that’s typical me. Samurai Warriors 3 isn’t published by us here in overseas but I had a little risk showing you some merchadise we had from Japan in the past. Also, it’s the first time showcasing my friend’s art in the video.
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Goodies
(3,804 views ongoing from April 2010)
– Looking back at this video, I realized how stupid I was! But then, it’s one epic production. Since I had the Sanji (from Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2) cosplay costume and @julialaurant had her Momiji DLC costume, I’ve invited her as a guest to some little sketch with me before showing you the goodies and also the artworks that we’ve received from the fans on Facebook.
TECMO KOEI Goods @ Tokyo Game Show 2010
(1,098 views ongoing from September 2010)
– A very long rest in between with no new videos. I’ve been sent to Japan for Tokyo Game Show 2010 so I did a little video at TECMO KOEI store there. I was quite surprised on how less items they had there as I know we produced a lot of goodies but they didn’t show much during the show. It’s my first time in Japan and it’s also my first video from Japan. I miss this!
Quantum Theory Goodies
(558 views ongoing from October 2010)
– You just gotta laugh on why was I producing this! It’s my very last video with my camera man, @TheMoop before he left TECMO KOEI.
*** That was for the first 6 months of the project. I ended it there (for the goodies wise) and I restarted it with some new from the office to the expo. You can pretty much spot the difference that I’m more comfortable in front of the camera now, more relaxed with a little humor too. ***
Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage Clock Contest
(2,367 views ongoing from November 2010)
– It’s the first video contest activities we’ve done with the fans in London MCM Expo. It’s the first time and it’s fun! Thanks to the contestants who were brave to showcase their awesome ATATATATATATATA in front of the camera.
10th Anniversary Special: Dynasty Warriors Is My Life!
(6,749 views ongoing from November 2010)
– The idea was come from @Lead_wotawaster because during the London MCM Expo, there was a kid coming to our store and shouted “Dynasty Warriors is my life!” so in order to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Dynasty Warriors and the launch of Dynasty Warriors 7, we made this during our Memorabilia show in Birmingham. As you can see @Lead_wotawaster was doing some of his ATATATATATA voice in the video, it’s showing that this is the sequel of what’s in the previous episode. I think no many people could get it, haha!
*** This project has gone on and off because there’s nothing to produce when we have nothing to show or no events to attend. Here comes the 2011! ***
First Time Playing Dynasty Warriors Music
(1,705 views ongoing from February 2011)
– I’ve got my iPhone from TKE! So in order to celebrate that, I’ve played the main theme from Dynasty Warriors 7 for the very first time to everyone. It all started because my colleagues in TKE sang the main theme with their own lyrics every day before the game was out to raise the morale so it obviously worked and this is why this video was made.
Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll Goodies
(1,480 views ongoing from February 2011)
– In order to keep the channel’s main purpose, it has to go back to the basic. Yes, I had Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll goodies with me during Midlands MCM Expo 2011. So I did a little video showcasing it in the old style, it made feel like April 2010 again from watching this. But this time, thanks to @Gischie for being my camera lady.
Champion Jockey in Action!
(2,954 views ongoing from June 2011)
– Every expo has its highlight for us. For the London MCM Expo in May 2011, it was Champion Jockey. So this is the footage we recorded to show people the different techniques they used to play this horse racing game.
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 @ Japan Expo 2011
(2,543 views ongoing from July 2011)
– I’ve been sent to Japan Expo in Paris to join the producer’s signing session due to the launch of Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3, so this video was made! It’s the latest one and now TKE Insider has hit over 50K in total!
*** What’s next? If I get to send to Japan for Tokyo Game Show 2011 then the next video would be me in Japan, or else it would be either from Eurogamer Expo or London MCM Expo. Can’t wait to share more of my TECMO KOEI journey with you! ***
Closing Comment: I see myself grow from each production, although there’s no exact direction for this project. But as the Internet behavior changes very quickly every day, as long as we can react quick and see what it fits and what people would like to see, produce and make it happen, I think we should be happy and proud enough for it. So, thank you again and I’ll see you soon!